Wednesday 29 July 2009

Imax, Belfast.



Imax theatre, Odyssey Millennium Complex, Belfast, Northern Ireland.

I was the clients representative on this project, and this was one of the buildings within the complex that I worked on.

Sheridan the company distributing Imax throughout Ireland already had an Imax theatre built in Dublin, however its location was in a bad part of town and it closed within a year. However the Belfast operation is still running and I have seen a couple of films there myself.

The experience is amazing, especially the cartoon they do with a guy with a ladder. It swings out and everyone ducks, then shortly after he throws a can of paint out towards the audience and achieves the same effect, however the paint hangs there in mid air in globules, which everyone tries to touch as you believe it is there just out of your hands reach. very clever.

The film I saw was about kids going back to prehistoric times and thus bought in scary T Rex scenes of being crushed by monster as it runs to you. Funny but the effect was not as dramatic as the cartoon scenario.

1 comment:

  1. nice one. Check out my blog and follow..I always return the favor ;-)

    ReplyDelete